Friday, May 30, 2008

First day back in SG


I drove past non-arguably, self proclaimed the most beautiful road in Singapore to get to Tiong Bahru Market

Remember how I missed Kwey Teow Teng? on the road trip I was willing to pay 50AUD for a bowl if they can do it decently! Oh well that was a crazy thought, but first thing in the morning, I went to Tiong Bahru Market to hunt for my fav Singaporean food. This store was featured on channel 8's Buzzing cashier where they rescue cannot make it stores and some top chefs will train the hawker. I read that there is always a 1 hour queue, and well I saw that the queue wasn't that long so I went for it.

First bite: Not too bad... very prawnie soup but not very heavy.. pork ribs meaty but not smelly.
After taste: Because it's not too heavy on the taste. You don't feel gelat... (can someone tell me where this word is from)
Afterthoughts: Can buy if I am there and if no queue, but won't travel all the way to buy it....


Then I bought chew kwey. Tiong Bahru market is suppose to be famous for this. Went to the corner one. Well you know the rules, if it aint oily, don't buy it, cuz it's not nice then.

Firstbite: MMMMMMMMM
After taste: waaaaa damn full but completely satisfied
After thought: I will hunt you down... drive all the way from Jurong to get it? can!.. though petrol is more ex than this.

Just as i was leaving, I saw my car parked just beside this cooking school, must be a sign! Check them out and let me know what you think: http://www.creativeculinaire.com/