Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Last day in Melbourne


My Tram ride to the city... this image is of the melbourne sam-mun auntie from Yarra Trams checking ticket. Heng I bought ah. I remember those good old days as student, too poor to buy ticket, I will hide here hide there if it's a short trip. But people in Melbourne actually really have community spirit. When one passenger spotted the inspector, she shouted inspector! and everyone started to validate their ticket.

Then I went to Mekong again. And take a good look at this face. My good friend from Singapore Who works here. His wife is Vietnamese and they have 2 boys. Samuel and Emmanuel... Wuel... I code name him EL CHEAPO... the thing is.. this.. when he is back in SG.. i blanja him meals.. when I am in Melbourne, I blanja him oso.. what kind of world is this lor.. 2 words.. EL CHEAPO!

Went pass this place in Chinatown that has buffet style chinese food. You pay for a small or large plate or container and you can take whatever you like on the spread. I remember when I was studying, I would buy a small container and put in a plastic bag, and fill up the container in the plastic bag with overflowing dishes of veg and our household just cook rice with the veg and meat, such a good value for 3 person mann. Hey dun tsk me ah.. no choy, we poor students at that time.

I had dinner with my cousin Joel... then we went to this famous gelati place on lygon street after having Italian. He blanja dinner.. thats why i never call him names and i blanja back gelati. This shop is super popular among asian students and notice the liulian flavour at the korner.

Last activity was late night shopping and sale at Chadstone, one of the largest shopping center in Melbourne. I didn't buy that much because of the ridiculous exchange but I stumbled on this pair of aldo shoe for a very good lelong bargain, so I bought it.

Andrew Lau who puts me up in Melbourne.. or puts up with me.. however you phrase it, bought a floor lamp and the rest of the stuff is really from his GF who is taking this picture.



No comments: